Skip to main content
121 Wisconsin Ave. STE 101, Whitefish, MT 59937 | (406) 219-4041

Washington Registered Agents

Explain it to me; what is a registered agent?

A registered agent, also known as a resident agent, is an entity with a physical location in Washington who is responsible for accepting legal service of process on behalf of your business. Your registered agent is required to be present and available during standard business hours.

Do I need a registered agent?

In the state of Washington, every business is required to identify a resident agent. In addition, the Washington Secretary of State needs an official street address on record where your agent can be reached during typical business hours. Incorporating a new company in Washington can be a cumbersome process. It’s essential that you fill in a hodgepodge of legal documents and forms. At Registered Agent Services, Inc., we can help your business by taking care of your registered agent services.

What types of business entities need to have a Registered Agent in Washington?

A Washington LLC, out of State LLC, a Washington corporation, a foreign corporation, a non-profit organization or corporation, a limited partnership, a limited liability partnership, or any other Washington business entity is required to have a registered agent in Washington and a Washington registered office listed.

How will having a resident agent aid my business?

Most importantly, appointing our registered agent service keeps your business in compliance with state law. Furthermore, we accept and scan any service of process, legal notice, annual report, or letter received into your client account locally here in Washington. You receive instantaneous notice of any notices scanned into your Washington resident agent online account.

As an added Washington registered agent service, we also monitor your Washington annual report due date and forward you reminders with do-it-yourself links to file your paperwork on time with the Secretary of State.

What are the restrictions or requirements I should know about my registered agent?

There are not many restrictions concerning who can be your registered agent here. Specifically, the person or entity acting as your registered agent needs to be located and available at a physical street address within the state of Washington during typical business hours. Your Registered Agent will be responsible to accept all tax-related and legal documents, annual report forms, litigation (service of process) documents, etc., for you. It is crucial that you select a solid company, like Registered Agent Services, Inc., when you’re choosing your registered agent.