Skip to main content
121 Wisconsin Ave. STE 101, Whitefish, MT 59937 | (406) 219-4041

Minnesota Registered Agents

What is a registered agent?

A registered agent, otherwise known as a resident agent, is a company located in the state of Minnesota who is responsible for accepting legal documents for your business. Your registered agent must be present and available during standard business hours.

Am I supposed to have a registered agent?

In the state of Minnesota, every business is supposed to appoint a resident agent. In addition, the state of Minnesota requires an official street address on record where your agent can be found during standard business hours. Starting a new enterprise in the state of Minnesota can be a complicated process. It’s critical that you complete a variety of legal forms and documents. At Registered Agent Services, Inc., we can aid your business by taking care of your statutory agent services.

What types of business entities are required to have a Registered Agent in Minnesota?

An LLC in Minnesota, out of State LLC, a Minnesota corporation, an out of State corporation, a non-profit corporation or organization, a limited partnership, a limited liability partnership, or any other Minnesota enterprise is required to have a registered agent in Minnesota and a Minnesota registered office listed.

How will having a resident agent help my company?

First and foremost, designating our registered agent service keeps your company in adherence of Minnesota state law. Furthermore, we accept and scan any legal notice, service of process, letter, or annual report received into your client account locally right here in Minnesota. You receive immediate notification of any paperwork scanned into your Minnesota resident agent client account.

As an added Minnesota registered agent service, we also keep track of your Minnesota annual report due date and send you prompts with do-it-yourself links to file your paperwork on time with the Secretary of State.

What are the requirements or restrictions I should know about my resident agent?

There are few requirements concerning who can be a registered agent here in Minnesota. Specifically, the entity or person acting as your registered agent needs to be available and located at an official street address within Minnesota during normal business hours. They will be responsible to accept all tax-related and legal documents, annual report forms, litigation (service of process) documents, etc., for you. It is important that you select a solid company, like Registered Agent Services, Inc., when choosing your registered agent.