Skip to main content
121 Wisconsin Ave. STE 101, Whitefish, MT 59937 | (406) 219-4041

Kansas Registered Agents

Define a registered agent?

A registered agent, otherwise called a resident agent, is a company with a physical location in Kansas who is responsible for accepting legal service of process on behalf of your business. Your registered agent is required to be available and present during normal business hours.

Why should I have a registered agent?

In Kansas, every business is required to appoint a registered agent. In addition, the Kansas Secretary of State needs an official street address on record where your agent can be reached during normal business hours. Incorporating a new business in Kansas can be a cumbersome process. It’s important that you fill in a variety of legal forms and documents. At Registered Agent Services, Inc., we can assist your company by handling your statutory agent services.

What types of businesses need to have a Registered Agent in Kansas?

An LLC in Kansas, foreign LLC, a Kansas corporation, a foreign corporation, a non-profit organization or corporation, a limited partnership, a limited liability partnership, or any other Kansas business entity is required to have a resident agent in Kansas and a Kansas registered office on file.

How does having a registered agent help my company?

First and foremost, having our registered agent service keeps your company in adherence of state law. In addition, we accept delivery of and scan any legal notice, service of process, annual report, or letter received into your client account locally here in Kansas. You receive immediate notice of any paperwork scanned into your Kansas resident agent customer account.

As an additional service, we also keep track of your Kansas annual report due date and send you prompts with do-it-yourself links to submit your report before your due date with the State.

What are the requirements or restrictions I should know about my registered agent?

There are only a few requirements relating to who can be your registered agent in Kansas. In particular, the person or entity acting as your resident agent must be available and located at an official street address within the state of Kansas during typical business hours. Your Registered Agent will be responsible to accept all legal and tax-related documents, annual report forms, litigation (service of process) documents, etc., on your behalf. It is critical that you designate a reliable company, like Registered Agent Services, Inc., when choosing your registered agent.